Wondering if inbound marketing really can help your business increase leads and sales? You may have heard the buzz surrounding it but still aren't convinced. Take a look at these fresh inbound marketing stats.
Let these 11 inbound marketing stats speak for themselves!
1. 2X as many marketers say inbound delivers a below average cost-per-lead vs. outbound methods.
Rather than paying for each piece of traffic incrementally, inbound marketing increases your organic reach. Every blog post and landing page you create for your site will yield more than just that one click. What's your average cost per click?
2. 48% of marketers will increase their inbound marketing budgets.
Inbound marketing has caught on like wildfire! Marketers are quickly realizing that customers don't want to continually be sold to, they want to form long lasting relationships with brands.
3. 43% of companies with a blog have acquired a customer from their blog.
Blogging can position you as an trusted advisor in your field. Your blogs should inform, entice and delight your readers. Great blogs build relationships.
4. 43% of companies using LinkedIn have acquired a customer from the network.
Creating content relevant to your customer base is key here. Share content on LinkedIn that might help one of your marketing personas. Always seek to solve problems with your content strategy, and one of these days a potential client's problems will be solved by you.
5. 74% of B2C companies report that Facebook is important to the lead generating strategies.
Building an organic email list the most important thing, but a social following can yield more shares. Create and share compelling website content on your Facebook page and start seeing more traffic today.
6. 82% of marketers who blog daily have acquired a customer through their blog
Each blog post is another page on your website that will be indexed by Google. Think about what your prospect would be typing into a search engine, and structure your content around that. (Example: "How to tie a sling knot")
7. Inbound marketing delivers 54% more leads in the 2012 marketing funnel than outbound sources
And more qualified leads too! Customers who find you through a problem solving blog post have demonstrated their desire for your services or at the very least a related topic. Stop relying on mass marketing tactics and go after the specific type of customer you are after.
8. In 2012, 53% of CEOs and CMOs increased their inbound marketing budgets.
Large companies are catching on. In this age of instant access to all the world's knowledge, will you be the one who answers your prospect's questions? Or will it be your competitors.
9. 34% of marketers could not or did not calculate ROI in 2012.
They used to say that half of all advertising budgets are wasted, they just don't know which half. Don't be one of them.
10. 30% of marketing agencies say their top concern is demonstrating ROI.
Using advanced analytics software will help you close the loop between marketing and sales. Now, tracking a sale back to the original touch point is possible.
11. Nearly 75% of companies with a formal sales-marketing agreement implemented inbound in 2013.
These "smarketing" tactics are more important now than ever. Have you ever brought a coupon to a restaurant and had the employees dumbfounded as to how to process it? This happens in every industry too. Schedule regular meetings between your marketing and sales departments and see better synergies emerge.
Aren't sure if inbound marketing is right for your business? Schedule a free inbound marketing assessment where we will discuss your unique business goals and challenges and help you determine if hiring an inbound markting agency is right for you.