So you have a great Flash website that you spent a fortune on just a few years ago. Do you really need to revamp your website to make it mobile-friendly? The answer is a resounding YES!
- Most consumers have smartphones - Over the past few years smartphones have become more and more affordable. Smartphones make it easy for consumers to shop right at their fingertips.
- Your competition's website is mobile friendly and responsive - Don't give consumers a reason to buy from your competition. If you are not able to be where your customers need you when they need you, you can basically kiss the sale goodbye. Do not get left behind.
- Make a great user experience - Having not only a mobile-friendly website but a responsive design that changes to fit each device can make for a great user experience for your customers. If you make it easy for consumers to buy your product or service they will buy from you.
There are many reasons to have a mobile-friendly website. Smartphones and tablets are the preferred choice for many consumers and you want to be able to reach these consumers. However, when making your mobile site there are a few things you want to keep in mind.
- Load Time - if the time it takes to load your site is slow you will lose customers
- Short Forms- any form on your site should be easily able to be filled out from a mobile device
- Amount of text - no one likes to scroll through paragraph after paragraph of text- Keep information short and relevant
*** Test your mobile site regularly to experience what your visitors experience
The use of smartphones and tablets is only going to continue to grow. You should make the decision now to make the best mobile experience for your customers. Improving your site to make it mobile-friendly will prove very valuable to your business.
If you still have questions or just want more information then request a free assessment from Thinkhandy Marketing. We will take the time to understand your business' needs and goals and we will develop a custom plan that works for you.