More business is migrating to the online world every day. As companies begin to use the Internet for marketing and generating sales understanding how to develop and present content is a key skill. If your goal is b2b content marketing, building trust with informative content is the way to establish a strong presence on the Internet.
The goal of content marketing is to educate, entertain, or inform your readers. By providing relevant information in a consistent manner you can build credibility as a trustworthy expert in your industry and establish yourself as a viable source of information. This trust and leadership will translate into increased traffic and sales.
Here are 5 practical ways to build trust that will increase your sales and work to establish you as a thought leader in your field.
1. Avoid sales oriented language - When developing content it’s important to avoid overt sales language. Nothing turns a potential customer off faster than a sale pitch when they are searching for information. Make sure you offer relevant useful information to your readers. The object is to establish trust and credibility with your audience.
2. Join and participate in online discussion forums - If your goal is b2b content marketing and establishing yourself as an authority, participating in discussions online is a solid tactic. Sites like LinkedIn and Facebook have discussion forums where people will post questions that you can answer. These forums are also a great place to post links to related blog posts you have written. You can also ask questions to gather information for future articles.
3. Report industry news – Regularly posting industry news is a great way to establish thought leadership. Set up Google alerts for industry related keywords or create Twitter lists and RSS feeds to gather information. Share newsworthy articles with your readers. You can also use the articles as a starting point for your own posts on the topic.
4. Maintain your relationships to increase sales - Content marketing is different than advertising. Advertising is a one sided medium. Social media is a conversation. The key to building trust and increasing sales is interaction. Work to maintain your online relationships. Answer questions promptly, offer relevant information and maintain contact. Developing trust and authority is what drives sales in the online world. You never know what opportunities may develop over time.
5. Post regularly, make sure your content is strong and have a plan - Low quality content posted sporadically won’t work. You need to offer unique content on a regular basis in order to build a community. Share your information across your social networks to leverage their value. Measure your readers reactions to gain valuable insight into how your content is resonating with your visitors. Make sure you that when you start you have a plan. Set a minimum number of posts per week and create a topic log before you start. Remember that consistency is the key to success for your efforts. Content marketing takes time and effort but can pay huge dividends when approached correctly.
B2B content marketing can be a highly effective strategy. By establishing yourself as a thought leader in your industry you can increase traffic to your website and that traffic will translate into increased sales that will go directly to your company’s bottom line.
Ready to see how content marketing can increase leads and sales for your business?