Leveraging LinkedIn company pages for social media is a must in today's business climate.
In a recent study it was found that LinkedIn is much more effective at building customer interest than either Facebook or Twitter.
LinkedIn has clearly become the most important social network for marketing your business.
What Does This Mean for Your Company?
The implications of doing social media well are huge. Think of your website as a town, wouldn't you want to build as many roads to your town as possible? On that note, how well constructed should those roads be?
Many companies are content with having only one dirt road leading to their town. Start thinking about building highways. LinkedIn is a bustling metropolis of business minded people. Let's talk about building a superhighway into your town.
LinkedIn company pages allow you to interact with existing and prospective customers. Great content on your site will keep followers engaged and help to cultivate relationships that drive results for your business.
How Do You Leverage LinkedIn Company Pages?
There are some concrete steps you can use to build a following on social media. These will help you better engage with customers and should have a nice impact on your bottom line. A few of the things you can do follow:
- Establish your presence - You have to be present to be in the game. Create a nice banner that illustrates your company's unique brand. Make sure you put up engaging and timely content on the pages. Tell the story of your company, your brand so to speak. Make sure to include the necessary keywords for search engine optimization (SEO).
- Obtain followers - You need people to follow you to help you to get your word out. Start with colleagues and employees and get them to follow your company. Make it easy for people to follow you on your page, blogs and other social media sites. Your followers will help spread your word on sites, such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Engage followers - Include relevant and timely content on your page. Ask for input from followers on what they would like to see on your site. Don't be too sales oriented in your approach. Share great content from other sites with your followers. Post content on a regular basis and put it up earlier in the day. You want to be the go-to person in your industry when people need information.
- Boost your message - You want followers to like and share your content. This gets the word out about your company. Invite customers to write reviews of your products and services. These hold a lot of weight with prospective customers. Try to have meaningful discussions with followers that will show your expertise in your field and boost your image as a person that really knows whats going on.
- Need to analyze - You will need to know if your efforts are bearing any fruit. You surely don't want to continue down a path that is not producing measurable results. Study your data and use LinkedIn's tools to analyze these numbers. Measure how many followers you have obtained and how many did business with your company. Set goals for grabbing new customers. Make sure you have an effective way to determine just how well your LinkedIn company page is doing.
LinkedIn company pages are an excellent way to leverage social media for your company. Using a few tried and true tactics you can optimize your experience on LinkedIn and grow a legion of followers that will help you grow and expand your business.
So, get a LinkedIn page established, grab some followers, engage those people, get them to help amplify your message and measure the results. Then enjoy your success with a great LinkedIn company page.
Ready for more?