“Learn from yesterday, live for today, look to tomorrow, rest this afternoon.” ― Charles M. Schulz, Charlie Brown's Little Book of Wisdom
As Inbound Marketers our minds are going nonstop. In the late afternoon many of us find ourselves yawning and working hard to keep our eyes open? You might think it is best to just push through your day and your exhaustion but you would be wrong. Power napping, when done correctly, can be good for you.
A power nap is a short nap during the day. A power nap does not allow you enough time to fall into a deep sleep. Typically, a power nap should last between 15- 30 minutes each day. The longer you allow yourself to sleep the less productive your power nap will be and the better the chance you will disturb your normal sleep schedule.
Why Should You Power Nap?
- Improve Your Mood - Tiredness can cause your mood to suffer. Recharge with a power nap and help lift your spirits.
- Increase Productivity - A quick power nap can help you focus more clearly and thus help you to be more productive.
- Relieve Stress - Power naps allow you a little reprieve from the things going on around you.
- Feel Better - Feeling rested and charged helps you feel better overall. A power nap can give you the extra push your body needs to perform its best.
- More Energy - Power naps allow your body time to rest and refresh.
How to Power Nap
1. Find a Good Place to Nap
The best place would be one that will allow you privacy.
2. Set Your Alarm
Make sure that you are only allowing yourself between 15 and 30 minutes. Longer naps will leave you groggy and could mess up your regular sleep schedule.
3. Speak to Your Senses
You might find you nap better by listening to soothing music, or shutting all the blinds in your office. Whatever will allow you the most restful experience you should do.
4. Test it Out
You might alternate times or places of your power naps to see what time and place you find to be the most beneficial for you.
Working in a short power nap to your schedule every day will have allow you to reap many benefits. Allow yourself some time to take a break from the day so that you are able to reenergize yourself. Power napping will help you lead a more happy, healthy and productive life. Happy napping!