Inbound marketing is all about sharing helpful and unique content online in order to attract visitors to your site.
It involves creating content that has been designed specifically to appeal to your target market.
Inbound marketing helps you attract valuable, qualified leads, nurture those leads and convert them into sales.
Attract, Convert, Close
With traditional advertising, you interrupt your prospects. If they’re watching a movie or listening to music on the radio, your commercial interrupts it. Pop-ups and sliding ads stop consumers from doing what they visited a site to do. And, everyone knows how annoying and disruptive telemarketing calls can be during dinner time.
3 Important Tools to Attract Ideal Prospects to Your Site
Inbound marketing does not interrupt or disrupt consumers from what they would rather be doing. Instead, it helps to attract them, or bring them “in”, to your content, your site and your solutions. Yet, inbound marketing is only considered successful if you’re attracting the right people. You want to attract consumers who are most likely to actually become qualified leads, and eventually, paying customers.
But, who are the “right” people? Well, these are the people who meet your buyer personas. These are people who are actively searching for solutions, or information about solutions, that you can provide. Your goal should be to provide them with enough relevant content to assure them that your solution is the best one to solve their problems.
- Blogs – This is the single most effective method to attract new visitors to your site. They’re actively searching for educational content that interests them, answers their questions and brings value to their lives.
- Social Media Sites – It’s important to network and engage with your audience. Be sure to choose the social networks where your ideal prospects are hanging out online.
- SEO Keywords – Your prospects use keywords to find people, places and things on search engines. Make sure you’re using the same search engine optimized (SEO) keywords they are using to search within your content.
4 Valuable Tools to Convert Your Visitors into Leads
Now that you’ve successfully attracted visitors to your site, it’s time to convert those site visitors into leads. This is done by collecting their contact information. This is the most valuable currency within the marketing world. If you want your visitors to willingly offer you that currency, you’ll have to offer them something of value in return.
Content is what they’re looking for as they search for solutions to their problems online. They want to find content that helps them research solutions, and the vendors offering them before they buy. This content can come in the form of social media posts, blog posts, articles, press releases, tips sheets, infographics, images, videos, memes, whitepapers, eBooks and anything else your ideal customer finds valuable and interesting.
Here are four very valuable inbound marketing tools to help you convert your visitors into leads:
- Contact Management – Keep databases of your contacts.
- Contact Forms – This is an effective form of lead capture.
- Calls-to-Action – Tell your prospects exactly what you want them to do, such as “click here.”
- Landing Pages – The webpage a prospect lands on should be relevant to the call-to-action.
4 Effective Inbound Marketing Closing Tools
You’ve attracted the ideal prospects to your site. You’ve even converted them into qualified leads. Since your ultimate marketing goal is to make more money, now you need to convert those leads into customers.
What’s the most effective way to convert your leads? You need to use effective inbound marketing tools to close the deal. Here are four of those tools to help you get the job done:
- Email – Sending a series of focused, relevant emails that address the concerns of your leads helps to bring them into your site.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) – CRM gives you the ability to analyze your marketing efforts to see which methods are bringing in the most valuable leads.
- Lead Scoring – This gives each of your leads a numerical value based on their various levels of sales-readiness.
- Marketing Automation – Allows you to provide effective target marketing based on where each lead is within the lifecycle stage.
The Key to Inbound Marketing
The key is not to simply publish content, but to publish the right content, on the right media, at precisely the right time. The right content is relevant, useful and helpful to your your customers.
Inbound marketing helps you attract new and returning visitors to your site, convert those visitors into valuable leads, and close the deal by turning those leads into customers.